|Mission ||Our mission is to alleviate hunger by obtaining and distributing food and other essentials in Indian River, St. Lucie, Martin, and Okeechobee Counties. |
|Values ||The values of Treasure Coast Food Bank include: |
Quality — We are committed to excellence in services, products and operation.
Respect — We treat all people with respect, dignity and courtesy.
Stewardship — We use our resources wisely, with accountability to the public and concern for the environment.
Integrity — We are honest and fair in our dealings with others.
|Challenge ||The challenge of the Treasure Coast Food Bank is to meet the need for food in our community. More than 107,000 people on the Treasure Coast are food insecure meaning they don't know where their next meal is coming from. 55% are children, 18% are senior citizens and veterans. |
|Take a Tour || |
Come and see your Food Bank in action! Sign up for the Food for Thought tour of our facility that will give you a greater understanding of what the Food Bank does and how you can assist in eliminating hunger on the Treasure Coast.
|Board of Directors ||The Board of Directors of Treasure Coast Food Bank is a committed, passionate, diverse group of citizens dedicated to the mission of ending hunger in the region. They assist in guiding the organization through effective stewardship of policy and fiduciary oversight. Their support and contribution is invaluable to our efforts. |
|Staff ||Led by our CEO, Judith A. Cruz, the dedicated staff of the Food Bank is an integral part of meeting the challenge of providing food to families and individuals at risk of hunger on the Treasure Coast. |
Did You Know?
|Employment ||Working at the Treasure Coast Food Bank is challenging and rewarding. We're looking for people who enjoy making a difference by improving the community in which they live. We offer competitive benefits including annual leave, medical insurance and a retirement plan, as well as numerous opportunities for career development. |
The Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, race or ethnic origin, religion, veteran status, physical or medical condition, political affiliations or sexual orientation.
To inquire about available positions contact Human Resources at 772-489-5676
- TCFB is the only food bank in the four county area of Indian River, St. Lucie, Martin, and Okeechobee counties.
- TCFB is a partner with Feeding America (formerly called America's Second Harvest) - the national network of more than 200 food banks.
- TCFB is one of 14 food banks in Florida.
- The difference between a food bank and a food pantry: a food bank is a non-profit clearinghouse that collects, stores, and distributes useable surplus food to non-profit organizations who then provide to their clients at no cost. A food pantry provides food and other services directly to individuals in need.
- In FY2011, TCFB distributed almost 8-million pounds of food.
- 97% of every dollar donated goes directly to provide nutritious food to our neighbors in need.
- For every dollar donated, TCFB can provide 7 meals.